Thursday, May 5, 2011

Changes

My little boy is growing up so much. 
I decided it was time for Tre to move into his own room.  We've been at it for over two weeks I think and there have been some rough nights when he just would not stay asleep when we put him in his crib but for the most part it's been successful.  Now he's not crying it out or anything.  I still nurse him to sleep but in his room now instead of mine and then lay him in his crib.  He stays there from 8 to 11 or 12 then wakes up and comes into our room.  My next goal is to somehow get him to stay there until 3am and the final goal will be 6am. 
In order to reduce the struggle getting him to bed at night, we've transitioned him from two one hour naps to one two hour nap and it has worked! 
And then there's the potty.  Monday night Tre went pee pee in the potty before bath time on his own without any encouragement.  Then he did it again last night and this morning!  I am so shocked!  Even though I thought I wanted to leave him in diapers longer to avoid having to potty train and clean up accidents I am so happy because if he's doing it, he's doing it on his own terms with his own initiative. 

1 comment: