Saturday, August 15, 2009

Relaxing

So I've been working off and on on Tre's blanket and here it is as of today. I have done 3 rounds and have 2 left with 2 weeks to get it done.

I wish the two shades of green were contrasting but oh well, I can't change it now. I've got other booties and things I want to work on next. And although blankets are easier and there's so many other patterns I would love to do, I think two are enough.

Also yesterday I decided on and ordered my diaper bag. I had been looking for a while and finally found what I hope will be the perfect one for me. I know that all I need is an over sized purse but I really wanted something blue. I'll probably still get another black one although I'm not so sure if I like the idea of changing bags all the time depending on my outfit like a purse. I'm afraid I'm going to forget to transfer necessities.

And finally... my green babies... I bought a few plants back in January when we were settling in. I used compost from my classroom along with potting soil to pot them. After a few weeks I noticed something extra growing out of this pot.
I knew it must be some sort of fruit or vegetable from a seed in the compost and didn't want to kill it so I let it grow. It grew and grew leaning on other nearby plants until I determined it was a tomato plant. Finally this week I discovered two little flowers. I thought this little plant really wants to give me some tomatoes. So I needed to give it more room to grow even more tomatoes. I finally bought a pot and transplanted it today.It's awfully skinny so hopefully now that it has room it will grow. And there's also one of my two guava trees in the background which are doing very well and I'm hoping will produce fruit someday so that I can make guava champurrado for Christmas... perhaps in 2010.
And finally, my two little tomato flowers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment