On Wednesday I finally called the lady who encapsulates placentas. In retrospect I wish I had called her on Monday so I could start consuming them 2 days earlier.
I really had no idea what encapsulation entailed or really why to do it. All I knew was that eating the placenta gives you back lots of beneficial hormones that are only in the placenta and helps prevent post partum depression. The whole idea of eating the placenta is of course gross to most people but doesn't bother me at all and Jorge is just whatever... thinking I'm kinda crazy but that's okay. My mom researched it and told me that it might prevent hair loss which is common after deliver and should make bleeding stop earlier than usual among other effects. I have yet to research this myself.
So, she came on Thursday at 9am and brought in a huge suitcase with her supplies. She sterilized the kitchen then got the placenta out of the bag and popped the vessels to drain it of blood. Then she steamed it on the stove. And put it in a dehydrator and left it for many hours. She came back Friday morning... put the placenta through the magic bullet and then encapsulated it. Friday morning was my first morning alone and I had to get ready for my first time out with the baby. So unfortunately I didn't take pictures or pay attention to what she was doing.
I would definitely recommend everybody having babies that I know to encapsulate and take their placenta even though I haven't experienced the full effects yet. I'll update when they're all gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment