Everything is going well. I'm not as good at taking pictures as I should be but here is what I have.
11/24 For his first trip to target I put him in my beautiful Maya Wrap which I don't have a picture of. And that evening he got his first Bath in preparation for the annual Carlson grandchildren Christmas picture.



I've got lots to do in the next couple weeks so perhaps at least a week will pass before I go to Target again! I think I go there too much but the store is quite amazing, they have everything...
11/20 When he was 4 days old we took him for his first pediatrician visit. Upon some recommendations I chose Dr. Janna Cataldo for his pediatrician. We saw her at 4 days then one week later at 11 days. She said he's doing great. I really loved her. She didn't flinch when I said I was taking placenta pills and she informed me that they start vaccinating at 2 months if we want to and I replied that we aren't and that was perfectly fine with her. She's very open and very nice. Unfortunately when I went to turn in my insurance papers to human resources I found out that I'm not allowed to use her unless I want to pay 50% and that for the first two visits I'll be billed for 50%. I was kinda upset about this at first because I really liked her but oh well. I had to choose a different doctor and I'm not sure when I'll go to her but hopefully I like her.
11/25 I went to the breastfeeding support group at MilkMadeatHome where I learned so much that I didn't know. The main reason for going was to try out the my brest friend nursing pillow because I had been struggling with Tre to latch on. He would take 5-15 minutes of frustration before he could latch successfully. With the pillow, he latched on in 10 seconds so I bought one and nursing has been much easier since. Then met my sisters and mother at JCPenny for his first professional photo shoot.


11/26 Happy Thanksgiving. Daddy holding his son and Grammy and Papas where we had a nice meal.
11/30 For his second trip to Target I used this carrier.
12/4 Then for his 3rd trip today I wore my new Moby Wrap which I love and am so happy to have been gifted. I can't wait for Jorge to use it too. It is so amazingly comfortable, and the Maya Wrap is not. I think I'm going to get rid of my other 3 uncomfortably tight slings.

I've got lots to do in the next couple weeks so perhaps at least a week will pass before I go to Target again! I think I go there too much but the store is quite amazing, they have everything...
Haha, so funny! I went to Target SO often once Olivia was born. Like 1-4 times a week! I still do but not as much. Todd flinches when I mention Target.
ReplyDeleteLet's put the babies in their Mobys one of these days and get coffee and maybe do a little Christmas shopping?
I'll take back the 2 wraps I gave you. I love the soft brown one. You were going to ask me if I wanted them back before you gave them to Leti, right? :)
ReplyDeleteHi Jessica. I just wanted to say that we have to pay %50 for our midwife/pediatrician, but I really think it's worth it if you find one that you really love. You see them a lot at first, but then not as often, and its better than dealing with the vaccine issue being shoved down your throat etc....We are on a very tight budget but find it money well spent!
ReplyDeleteEliska, I did have to pay 100% for the midwife and will again for my second baby in a couple years. In San Diego we have lots of doctors who don't question the vaccine issue. I'm going to try one and if I don't like her, I've already got another highly recommended one lined up. I know when you really believe in something it's worth the money.
ReplyDelete