Monday, December 14, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas

Two weekends ago we got our first tree as a family. Last year our house was being remodeled so we didn't get to decorate for Christmas. We were both very excited to get our tree and ended up with a 9 foot one. Then finally after a week of nagging Jorge put up the Christmas lights with help from my friend's boyfriend.And here I am with Tre in his comfortable holiday outfit.Today I decided to go for a short walk around our little block. Tre was asleep so I put him in the stroller and got the dogs on their leashes. Our dogs LOVE to go for walks. They get so excited when they see their leashes that Dino starts jumping 3 feet high and Rambo starts running in circles wagging his tail. But of course since the baby was born, I haven't taken them out and Jorge's only taken them out a couple of times. So we got down to the end of my street and Tre started crying. I stuck the pacifier in his mouth but he doesn't know how to hold onto it well yet and it keeps coming out. We got to the next corner and I decided to just turn around and go home. I couldn't hold the baby and control the dogs on their leashes at the same time. I'm sure I'd be more successful walking with Tre in the moby wrap so I guess I'll try that next time. I just like the idea of pushing my beautiful stroller. Which is not the one I posted about months ago. The Saturday before Tre was born my parents went to visit my sister and go to the garage sales in her neighborhood. They came across a Peg Perego Venezia stroller with an infant car seat and 2 bases for $50 and picked it up for me. Even though it's not the one I really want, I love it. It's very functional for us and I love that I can face my baby with it.
And last week my mom gave him his first bottle because I had pumped it and kept it in the fridge for a few days and didn't want it to go to waste. Then I pumped another bottle which sat in the fridge for a week and I just threw out. I hate throwing away breastmilk but I can't freeze it after it's been in the fridge because it separates. But I like having a bottle ready in the fridge for emergencies even though I've got like 10 bags of it in the freezer for emergencies.

1 comment:

  1. Jess, you look so pretty and your little family looks so cute in front of your Christmas tree! xoxo

    ReplyDelete