Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas

On Christmas Eve as for the past 4 years was spent with the Jimenez family. We went to Elva's home for posole, menudo and tamales with tequila of course. Then at midnight we opened presents. Bryan tried to stay awake but made it until about 11pm. Once he's out, he's out so despite attempts from all to wake him, he slept through Christmas. Eddie had taken a nap so he was good to go.
Then on Christmas morning, I put out the dogs stockings. Surprisingly it took them a while to discover their stockings... they were too busy jumping and begging for our attention. Once they found them they enjoyed sniffing and I opened them for them and gave them each a treat.


Then I packed up my stroller with all our Christmas gifts, menudo and the baby and walked to Grammy and Papa's house for Christmas morning. I only had 4.5 hours of sleep so drank 3 cups of coffee when I got there. Miranda greeted us at the door.
This is the scene we walked into. Tons of presents. When Tre is bigger, we have another kid and my brother Nick starts having kids, it will be even more crazy!
Here we are on our first Christmas as a family. Jorge is opening a gift from Grammy and Papa for Tre which turned out to be a Gentle Giraffe. I am so happy for.
Here's Papa holding Tre.


Then in the afternoon, after an hour nap at home, I decided to decorate gingerbread cookies with my nieces and nephews. Surprisingly they were all so excited to take a break from all of their new toys and frosted the 3 dozen cookies very quickly.

Later in the evening I put Tre in the swing at Grammy's house then found him holding onto a toy! It's definitely random since there's no way he can have that much control over his hands yet but regardless was quite surprising.








Then as we were eating dinner, Catherine decided to play with Tre... it's so cute!



And finally Tre was asleep in his bed with his gentle giraffe after a very busy couple of days all over the place.














No comments:

Post a Comment