Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tre is 1 month old

This month has gone by so quickly, I can't believe my baby boy is one month old already. I am looking forward to our check up tomorrow so I can see how much he weighs. The past couple days every time I pick him up, he feels light to me. When he was maybe 2 weeks and I saw other little babies, I wished he could lose weight and be a little baby. Yes I wanted a big baby and I got what I wanted but I didn't realize that even though he was a newborn, he was never newborn sized or really acting much like a newborn should. I know that him losing weight would not be healthy so of course I truly hope he didn't lose weight and his light feeling is just my arms getting stronger over the past month. I know that everybody says time goes by so quickly and they grow up so fast. I've hung out with a couple of friends lately with 6-10 month old babies and they say they wish they had paid more attention or savored the time more. I am definitely making a conscious effort to enjoy each day with him and know he will never be that little or with those skills again as he's growing and learning every day.
I started reading "The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems" yesterday and am completely captivated by it. I am a very schedule/routine oriented/mathematical type person. I knew I wanted Tre to be on a schedule by 12 weeks when I go back to work and I think I've figured out how to do it. The system says to just write down everything you do for two days then start to get on the routine that it recommends. Well I'm not sure why I couldn't do that, I just started right away with the routine today. My previous routine was to change the baby then feed him because he doesn't like his diaper changed and always cries and I wanted him to sleep after eating, so it went change diaper, eat, sleep. And today it has been E.A.S.Y. (as she calls it) eat, activity including the diaper change and tummy time, sleep with time for myself (the You). She says that they need to be taught how to fall asleep on their own so I'm working on that chapter next. Today I've been doing what she would call "accidental parenting" by rocking him to sleep.
So far it has been going very well and I'm hoping it goes this well tomorrow. It takes the guess work out of parenting because I always know what is next. Also I know when or how long I will have me time.

No comments:

Post a Comment