Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to work...

Wednesday September 1st was my first day back to work.  It went very well for the most part.  Dropping off Tre was fine.  Work was very productive.  And the report when I picked him up was that he was very fussy and wanted to be in arms.  As well, he refused his bottle completely and instead ate his oatmeal for breakfast, lots of water, and some peach during the day.
This bottle refusal went on for 2 more days.  He wouldn't take the milk from a cup, cup with straw, his straw cup or another type of bottle.  My mom said when milk came out instead of water, he acted all wierded out like it just wasn't supposed to come out of there.
Then after the 3 days back to work we had a nice long weekend together.  All summer long, I said that since Tre waited to crawl when I was home 3 days after summer began, I hoped he would walk before I returned to work.  Well he didn't walk by Wednesday but he completely surprised me on Monday morning with his first steps.  So he didn't make it before work but did make it before the school year officially started and students came!  I did have to convince him as you can see in the video.  He didn't want me, only the camera.  He still hasn't walked on his own but when we set him down in the middle he'll take a few steps and reach Daddy.  He's only taken 4 steps to me but about 15 to Jorge.
Then onto Tuesday, the first day with students...  School was great.  My classes are surprisingly small.  Usually they start out with 35 to 40 students then a lot don't show up and I end up with 32-36.  This year I started with 30-35 and only 25-30 are showing up.  I didn't have any issues until of course 6th period when two kids decided to be little clowns.  After school I called home and left messages.  Hopefully their parents got the messages.  If not I'll have to call more numbers again today.
Then when I got home, Lety said that Tre took all of his bottle!  She didn't give him breakfast so he was hungry enough to drink his bottle.  Then she gave him food afterward.  I'm so glad that my pumping isn't going to waste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment