Sunday was Jorge's 30th birthday! I wanted to throw him a big party but it just didn't happen this year. I didn't even have a dinner like I did for his 28th and 29th birthdays. But thankfully my parents did.
I was so excited about Jorge's cake this year. I decided not to go with the annual lemon merengue pie. He didn't even mention it but I know I'll have to make one sometime soon. But instead I made a giant coconut cupcake. He calls regular cupcakes "panecitos" and likes to take them to work with him to eat with his coffee. So he asks me every once in a while to make them. But to me they're cake so I always say no unless it's a birthday we're celebrating. Since this was a birthday I decided to make the coconut cupcakes but wasn't going to be able to put 30 candles in a little cupcake so I made a giant one!
Tre enjoyed eating the cream cheese frosting off the beater in the morning.
Here I am with my masterpiece! We lit the short candles first but then they bent the tall sparklers in half so we had to blow out the short ones and only light the sparklers. I wish all 30 could have been burning when I presented the cake to Jorge but at least I learned my lesson in lighting cake candles!
And here we are as a family after a delicious meal requested by Jorge of my dad's rolled tacos, mom's rice and Lety's frijoles puercos.
It appears I should probably start wearing more make up. And it also looks like I have been eating too much wheat. Those bags under my eyes are pretty big. At least my husband is more handsome than ever.
Last two photos by Natalie Holford.




No comments:
Post a Comment