Sunday, August 14, 2011

Baby

So on Saturday the 6th we went for our gender determination ultrasound.  I lied that I was 15 weeks even though I was only 14 weeks 5 days.  I really didn't want to wait until after vacation to find out.  Of course now I realize I should have waited.  I've always had issues with patience!
I had a dream the night before a very vivid and weird one that the sonographer told me that sometimes it looked like a girl and sometimes it looked like a boy.  In the end I remember her saying it was a girl.
I tried to upload the full video to YouTube but can't figure out how so I can only show you the shortened version that skips the female part.
http://himom4us.com/website/2321#
the user name is himom4us and the password is JessicaJ
So for this sonogram in the first 5 seconds she put the probe on the baby's genitals and she said that it was clearly a girl.  Jorge and I looked at each other with expressions like "well then it's a very swollen girl!" Because we saw much more stuff than should have been there for a girl.  But she explained that it looked like a hamburger with the labia and clitoris.  We were pretty excited but she continued on the ultrasound trying to get a view from above.  The baby never really allowed it only from the bottom and didn't really open up it's legs well.  But in the end it looked like a boy.  It really doesn't look like Tre's sonogram at 17 weeks.  It looks different.  So she told us to come back at 24 weeks for a 4d which we probably won't do.  For the first 15 weeks of this pregnancy I had said that I was only having this one sonogram but since it wasn't 100% clear I've decided to do a short anatomy scan at 18 weeks and to confirm the gender.  So for now we are planning on a boy named Joaquin Ernesto.

No comments:

Post a Comment