Sunday, August 14, 2011

My new niece

When I booked our Sedona vacation I was thinking that my sister-in-law Elva would have already had her baby.  After all her 3rd was born at 37 weeks.  When she didn't have her baby I was hoping that Amalia would wait patiently for me to get home.  But she didn't.  Thursday night Elva called me that her amniotic sac was leaking.  She went ahead and went into the hospital at 11pm where they told her she was at 3 and even though there were no contractions they would wait for labor to start naturally.  At 9 in the morning they started pitocin, at 10 she took the epidural and after 10 minutes of pushing Amalia was born at 12:01 on Friday.  I with I was there to support her but she did a wonderful job with just her husband.  We headed home from Sedona Saturday morning and went straight to the hospital.
Amalia was in the special care nursery because she's congested and I forgot to bring my phone in.  This is one that Elva sent me on Thursday afternoon when she was a few hours old.

We are looking forward to her going home hopefully today so that Tre can finally meet her and we can bring her blanket.  The one that was supposed to be my baby girl's but since I'm having a boy, it's for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment