School started on Tuesday. Although it began with a summer storm and heatwave it's been quite smooth. I haven't had a single run in with a music player or cell phone. The MAJOR problem however this year are the dress code violations. The girls are taking advantage of the hot weather and the fact that our enrollment is so low that counselors don't care what they wear as long as they're in a classroom by wearing 0-2 inch inseam shorts and tube tops. In the first 3 days of school I've made 14 home contacts and have a list of 24 more that I need to get to.
And so therefore I am SO grateful that I will never have a daughter to argue with about what proper girls dress like.
And this afternoon on the 3rd day of school the county's power went out. So schools are closed and the first Friday of the year is a free day!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete