Sunday, February 12, 2012

Birthday

On Joaquin's birthday many things happened.  I received tons of texts and messages asking when I would be open for visitors.  I tried my best to go back and look through and respond but if I missed somebody I'm sorry. 
Sophia Shen one of the student midwives through Birth Roots my midwife group came over.  I called her around 2:30 and she was at my house at 4pm on Sunday afternoon just 10 hours after birth.  Talk about service!  She graciously processed my placenta.
With a beautiful placenta print.
She cooked the placenta in the traditional Chinese fashion with herbs.  The house smelled like applesauce which was much better than the awful 3 day lingering liver smell from Jorgito's placenta.
And she took a piece home in 80 proof vodka making a tincture which will be ready at my 6 week appointment.  Then joined us in our family tradition celebrating with a glass of champagne.
.  My brother brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and my mom made Ina Garten's double chocolate layer cake which had a wonderful texture and was super delicious


Once everybody went home we enjoyed some snuggle time.


No comments:

Post a Comment