Monday, February 27, 2012

McSkinny Monday

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS.

I'm going to try to remind myself of this ALL of the time.

A while ago I made weekly posts about my weight and getting to where I need to be.  I'm two weeks post partum and have a goal that I really need to get to so hopefully confessing here will keep me on track.


Delivery day - 200 pounds     I know it's a ton for a girl who is 5'6".
Today - 175 pounds

That's 25 pounds in 2 weeks.

Prepregnancy - 151 pounds

So, I'm 24 pounds away.

Pre-wedding - 140 pounds

I've got 35 pounds to get there.

Ultimate goal - 130 pounds

So I'm 45 pounds away from my ultimate goal of where I was when I was dating Jorge.
Right now I weigh what I should have one delivery day!  Of course I gained way too much weight but the 49 pounds I gained this time was better than the 56 pounds I gained last time.  And I weighed the same at delivery.  Excessive weight gain goes along with delivering a large baby so I knew it was going to happen and even though I could have tried to control it, I allowed it to happen.
 
I've had lots of dietary issues through the past two years with wheat and dairy.  When I stopped my McSkinny Monday blogging I had cut out dairy and wheat and did end up at my prepregnancy weight of 140.  I maintained it for a few months but when I started eating wheat again in January 2011 I put on 11 pounds by the time I got pregnant in May.  So I know that the easiest way for me to lose weight is to cut out dairy and wheat.  Starting tomorrow I will not be eating any dairy at all.  It's going to suck but I know once I get used to it, I'll be okay.  And it's starting tomorrow because I have to run to the store today to get my dairy alternative butter and coffee creamer.
 
The deadline is July 1st so I have 4 months.  This way I have a couple weeks to get my wardrobe in order for our Cabo trip.  I don't think I'll be in a bikini but I at least do not want to be repulsive in a one piece.

As for how I'm going to get there?  I have no clue.  In the picture above I had been going to the gym 4 times per week before work at 4am.  Maybe I'll start by finding a double jogger on craigslist and going around the golf course after 6 weeks post partum.  In the mean time I have to rely on excluseively breastfeeding since that burns an extra 500 calories a day and watching my diet.  Hopefully that will be enough.
10 pounds per month for 4 months.  I CAN DO IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment