Thursday, October 28, 2010

Birthday Party

Yesterday was Olivia's first birthday party.  I had a great time visiting with Val and Olivia but Tre on the other hand... well he showed his completely different side.  He has a way of acting with Olivia that is special for her and he has never behaved this way ever besides with her.  It started out all cute, she crawled up to him lifted up his shorts, squeezed his leg then clapped in approval of his chubby legs.  Then she squeezed his stomach and he started screaming and crying with the MOST dramatic cry ever.  So while the babies were supposed to be playing he ended up in my arms most of the time.  I wish I had videoed it and now I'll have to remember next time.  Because it is his little special behavior just for her and for embarrassing mommy.  I had the kid who had to be in arms the whole time and has the most fussy cry.  Of course it doesn't help that every time we hang out Tre is exhausted.
Here are some recent photos.
Tre trying on his size 9 month costume.  He wears mostly 12 months and almost is in 18 month clothes.  This was handed down from my generous sister Shauna.   I knew it looked big but didn't think it was going to fit him so we were going to go without a costume this halloween but I went ahead and tried it on and it fits!  I think they assume that 9 month olds don't walk though and since he does walk I hope he doesn't ruin the feet too bad.
IMAG0616
This morning he finally discovered a Halloween decoration that I put on the window.  It had been there a few days.  I LOVE his new Hanna Anderson moccasin slippers. 
IMAG0633
Last Saturday we went down to Ensenada.  Jorge's grandmother is in town from Sinaloa, Mexico hopefully through Christmas so hopefully we get to see her again.
IMAG0610

Tre is completely over pureed foods.  He completely refused to eat unless he's feeding himself.  So I went ahead and gave him some of our beef noodle soup.  I just took out the beef for his and he ate 2 plate fulls!  I can't believe how much he's been eating lately.
IMAG0620
He's all ready for cold weather with his new hat. 

IMAG0578
IMAG0562
I've tried for months to capture him eating his toes but haven't been able to.  So I'm sorry this is blurry but I wanted to show that he is so flexible and loves to eat his feet.
IMAG0531

1 comment: