Well now it's fall. I've been busy with work and raising my son.
So an update on work... These past 5 weeks have FLOWN by. I can't believe the first grading period is almost over. My students are for the most part very well behaved. Sixth period of course as always is the worst. There is a very unbalanced ratio of boys to girls and well they're off the walls and unfortunately not much learning is getting done in that class. Fifth period is the best, my advanced placement environmental science class. They're all working so hard so far and probably will through May. That's the beauty of teaching an advanced class that children are not required to take. And the other 3 classes first through third are great too. Classes are small this year, only 23 students in one of them and 35 in the other after one had to be removed. See he kept leaving me very detailed drawings of penises on my desk and thought he was going to get away with it. He would have gotten away with it except that another teacher set me up with a little camera attached to my computer and the kids haven't figured it out yet. But that child was suspended and removed from my class. That kind of thing used to bother me and I wasn't personally hurt by it this time but I really wanted the kid to learn that it wasn't okay and I think he did.
And an update on my son... after 4 weeks he finally started taking his bottles. He used to drink 10oz of milk in the 8 hours I was gone from him and now only drinks 5 as well as eating breakfast and in the last week we added a regular lunch. He used to eat 4oz at each meal and is now up to about 6oz. He eats all sorts of things and loves sweets like his mama already. Today I gave him half a banana cut up and TraderJoesOs. He ate all the banana and left the Os. He really prefers jarred food or finger foods. I've made plenty of baby food recipes I've found online and from books but he doesn't really like too many of them. And now he complains at every meal if it's something I made and screams and fusses. It really makes my meals very unenjoyable.
He took his first steps on Labor Day and mastered walking about 2 weeks after that. So for the past 3 weeks he's just been practicing and practicing. He rarely crawls now and sometimes walks so fast that it's almost a run. Of course at first he would walk until he fell then crawl to something that he could pull himself up to standing with. But 2 weeks ago on the 25th he started standing up without a support. Friday and Saturday night he slept in his crib in his room until I don't know when. All I know is I woke up and he was with me in bed which means at some point he cried and I went to get him. We'll probably try to continue this on the nights that Lety is not sleeping in his room if we can.
No comments:
Post a Comment