Sunday, November 21, 2010

I knit!

I'd been wanting to knit Tre at hat since he was born and twice started but then ripped the project apart because it wasn't turning out well.  Finally to do the hat, I knit some gauge swatches to figure out exactly what size needles to use with the yarn I had.  This yarn is left over from Tre's baby blanket I made the summer I was pregnant.  I got lazy and didn't knit the extra row of squares around the blanket then ended up with a bunch of leftover yarn.  Now that Tre is bigger I wish I had knit that extra row around it but oh well I still use the blanket very frequently.
So here is his hat/scarf! I love that the neck is totally protected from the chilly wind.  And the scarf part is long enough that he struggles a little longer trying to get it off.


And I ordered more yarn for his stocking.  I ran out of yarn when I started the project back in June I think.  And now I got what I needed to finish it.  So here is Tre's stocking knit and it is currently in the washer.  I'll post pictures when it is done and felted.

And here is the felted stocking.

1 comment:

  1. That is soooo cute, if you feel like making each one of my kids one for Christmas, they would love them!!! Well Henry probably wouldn't want chin straps on his hat but the baby girls wouldn't mind :)

    ReplyDelete