Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tre's Birthday Party

Finally I'm posting about Tre's big first birthday party.  Sorry it took me so long.
As you remember from before the big day I was very stressed.  I get stressed out very easily about things like running out of food and not having enough for my guests.  I'm pretty sure I've experienced the same kind of anxiety before I just can't remember when it was besides of course my wedding.  And you'd think I would have learned from that experience when we paid for 105 people but 25 of Jorge's confirmed guests didn't show up.  So of course the same thing happened again.  Multiple confirmed guests - like 16 did not show up.  Hopefully I will come across this post next time I'm planning a party to remind myself to not buy so many supplies.  We were left with a good amount of food and tons of beer & wine.
I enjoyed hanging out with all of my friends and family.  Tre played a lot with his daddy but not so much with his friends.  I didn't take any pictures so here are two from my friend's iphone.
Jorge and Tre were watching.
Olivia enjoyed helping Tre open his gifts.  He needed the help too as he didn't really know what to do!

 And here are the beautiful pictures taken by my sister Natalie.
 I decotated with 3.5 dozen balloons, streamers and banners.
 The sparkling punch everybody loved.  I made it instead of offering juice boxes or soda to the children and everybody raved about it.  I had one friend asking for the recipe last weekend because he wanted to make it for Thanksgiving.  Then on Thanksgiving day I had another friend text an ask for the recipe.

 After a couple hours of eating and the kids playing we brought out the pinata.  We bought it 3 weeks before on our trip to Ensenada and Tre had been visiting it and talking to it in the garage every day.  So here Jorge is helping him hit it.  He couldn't do it on his own because the stick was too heavy. 
I LOVE Tre's expression in this picture looking at Olivia.
After the pinata broke and everybody collected their candy my sister Shauna decided to dress Tre up with candy.  He had a bocadin in his left hand, well half was in his mouth, a bug on his shoulder, a maraca in his pocket and a candy wrapper glove!  Tre ate so much candy in just a few minutes it was ridiculous!
 I made the cake the night before.  The bottom layer was a 12 inch Betty Crocker yellow cake with raspberry filling and chocolate buttercream frosting.  The top layer was a 9 inch Bob's Red Mills gluten free vanilla cake with lemon filling and lemon buttercream frosting.  Tre's smash cake was a 6 inch Bob's Red Mills gluten free vanilla cake with raspberry filling and chocolate buttercream frosting.  He enjoyed helping me make it the evening before too as he sat on the counter and sampled the frosting.
He ate almost the entire top layer of the cake.  It was so cute he just kept going and going.
Here is his nanny, Lety.  I never had a picture of her before until now.  She is holding my niece Catherine who just turned two on the 25th.
And the twins came.  I had not seen Rachel since my wedding day two and a half years ago.

And here he is the morning after his party playing with his favorite toy.  His Tia Elva, Tio Javier and primos got it for him.  He had been playing with it everytime we went to Costco for the past month I think so he was excited to have one at home.  He still plays with it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment