I am so incredibly stressed I think my hands are shaking.
I am SO behind on school work it is ridiculous. I brought home a bag full of grading and prepping to do this weekend and between celebrating my birthday and planning Tre's party, I didn't touch the bag. So today I came in to work 20 minutes early. Usually I wake up Tre get him dressed, sometimes nurse him once more depending on when the last time was then say goodbye and come to work. Today was the first day I ever left him in bed asleep. He doesn't like me waking him up, he always cries. So I am at work and should be working but instead I'm sitting here venting.
See, I pleaded with Jorge to just have the closest family and friends over to our little house for his the 1st birthday. But he insisted it be at my parents since our yard isn't ready. So I narrowed the original 95 guests down to 50 which was manageable for me. Then my brother invites a bunch of his friends and when I ask how many are coming he says "we'll see on the 13th." That's not good enough for me. I don't think he's ever thrown a real party and well this is my first time footing the bill. I don't want to buy food for a bunch of his friends when I have more of my own friends that I would have liked to invite. So when somebody else in the family is upset, Mom becomes the mediator and tells the offending person how they should have acted and what they should do. When I'm the upset one, I'm teased "oh well I invited 20 of my friends too." If my brother wants to invite all his friends, he should probably get married and have his own kid. Then there'd be a reason for all of his friends to go celebrate his child's life. His friends are not coming to celebrate my child's life; they've only met him once. They're coming to eat pizza. See my brother is making the pizza, his new business venture which he originally said he was paying for and now it sounds like I am.
So as you can see I've been stressed about this party for the past week. I just wanted it to be simple and calm and now it's not. I just want it to be over with. I feel the same way that I did with my wedding. I wish I was enjoying this happy time in my life instead of stressing. And now after wasting time on this blog I'm still have all of my school work to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment