Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Break 2011

This year we went to Cabo San Lucas.  It was a wonderful vacation, just what we needed, and I can't believe it had been 2 years since we went on a beach vacation.  But it will not be another 2 years.  We will probably be going to Oahu in July and we will definitely be going back to Cabo for Spring Break 2012.

Saturday - Tre's first plane ride was a success.  We almost missed the flight though... the waiting area for gate 4 in Tijuana was full so we let Tre run around in another area to get his energy out.  Then when they called for boarding there was a big crowd so we just continued letting him play.  Finally at 4:08 we walked to the gate and learned that we were the last people!  And the plane took off as scheduled at 4:10!  So all the other people around that we thought were waiting for our plane were actually waiting for other flights.  Our row was full so Tre had to sit on our laps.  I tried to nurse him while taking off to avoid screaming while his ears were adjusting to the pressure changes but he was way too interested in the airplane to calm down and nurse.  Surprisingly he didn't react at all to the altitude.  He did fine playing with his new books, jumbo crayons and toys until he passed out about a half hour before and slept all the way through landing.

Sunday -
Here we are all ready to go in the pool.
 Yes, here we are in the pool and the ocean is on the other side.

 This is inside the spa.  The jacuzzi is ridiculously huge, it's the size of many pools.
 It was too hot for Tre to get in completely so he had to stay on the side with just his feet in.

Monday -
Tre spent the morning opening and closing the sliding door.

Then we spent the afternoon at our private beach. 
 Nick brought bread to use as bait for the fish he was trying to catch.  When Tre saw it he picked it up and started eating plain bread... funny boy.
 He enjoyed playing with his simple bucket and shovel.
Uncle Nicky and Luz buried him for his first time. 
After the beach we went to the wharf for a drink.



My neighbor recommended banana margaritas so I went ahead and tried it.  That was a big mistake.  Nobody should ever ever try a banana margarita.  They are disgusting!
And here is Tre eating fried calamari for his first time.  He loved it like everything.
 












Tuesday -
We drove through Todos Santos to La Paz.  Here you can see our rented mini van.  I will never be a minivan mom but I thoroughly enjoyed riding in it.  That is of course until I rode in the back seat!  Poor Luz was getting car sick the whole time and I didn't realize why till the last day.  Man it's a bumpy ride in the back!
Here's my little family with Tre nursing sitting on the boardwalk in La Paz.


We went to visit my mom's cousin Suzy.  Here we are at her new house in La Paz.  She had delicious cupcakes for us and Tre enjoyed eating it with his spoon and making a mess.

 Here's Suzy holding Tre.
 And all of us minus Luz who took the picture. 

Wednesday -
The day started off with some whale watching off our balcony with champagne.




And an ice cream sandwich for Tre.  This was his first time having a whole ice cream to himself.

After a quick game of pool in the game room, we did a bartending class.

 It began with a shot or some sort of jungle juice for everybody. 
 I tried to hide but then felt bad I was the only one not partaking so I took a little one.
 Then we learned how to make margaritas, sexy mangoes, and a blue cabo I think they called it.
 It was Tre's nap time so he passed out after the first drink I think.
 Here's my brother Nick and his beautiful girlfriend Luz.

Thursday - We flew home.



Saturday -
We went up to my sister's house to go the garage sales.  In her old community they only have sales one day a month and she's got some pretty amazing stuff there.  Unfortunately I didn't find any of the things I was really looking for.  So I'll go again in June or July.  Tre really enjoyed playing with all of his cousins.


 And he remembered his old saucer from Grammy & Papa's house.  Johnny jumps like crazy in it so as soon as he was out, Tre tried to climb in.  I helped him out just to see how big he is for it!


Sunday -
My parents gave Jorge a sea world pass for his birthday and this year all teachers get free sea world passes so, we finally took Tre for his first time.  It was pretty much nap time by the time we got there so we only stayed a couple hours.  We visited the dolphins and saw one being trained, watched the kids do the dolphin encounter thing then watched a bunch playing and excited right before feeding time.  Then we watched the blue horizons show, rode on Oscar's eel and finally watched the Shamu show.  It was also Tre's first time on any sort of ride.  He was a bit scared at first then smiled behind his pacifier.  We look forward to using our passes throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment