Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday to my baby boy

Warning - the pictures are awfully blurry.  I think it might finally be time to buy a camera and quit using our phones.

I can't believe he's already two.  Last night as I was getting his pjs on him it was around 8pm and I had just finished making his birthday cake

I thought about how two years ago at that same time I had pulled his real birthday cake out of the oven.  And that was right when things go too intense to focus on cake making.  I was going to put in that picture but I can't find it.  I know I took a picture of his actual birthday cake.  I know it's plain and simple, I opted to not use food coloring and I thought it was just going to be the three of us celebrating.
But then Jorge decided we should invite our families so I made a spaghetti dinner for 19 people (yes that is just family that lives in San Diego).  And he failed to tell me he invited some friends.  So we had 23 people here on a school night.
While we were waiting for our guests to arrive Tre opened his big present from mommy and daddy.  He was super excited and hopped on right away.

 After dinner the children decided to have a shuffle party - I guess it was Jorge's idea since he put the music on.  My side of the family had never seen shuffling before so everybody was lined up in the hallway watching the dancing.  My mom was videoing which I'll have to get from her to share.



 The pictures of him opening his gifts did not turn out at all.  Here are the rest of his presents from us before I wrapped them.  He still hasn't opened all of them because he was so overwhelmed and exhausted.  But he will probably open them on the road Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment