Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School

Wow today was an eventful day. School was fine. I had enough energy, I wasn't exhausted during the day. The students were good until one boy in 6th period of course. But it wasn't bad enough to ruin my day. Hopefully tomorrow goes as well as today.


Straight from school, I went to pick up Rambo from the hospital.

He injured his foot on Sunday night when we were out to the movies. We hoped it would get better but on Monday morning, it was still bleeding and he was limping. So we took him to the ER at 11:00 am and they kept him there saying they'd put him under anesthesia and inspect what was going on, if anything was lodged up in there, they'd remove it, etc. and he'd be ready to pick up around 3:30pm. Well before they got to working on him, a bigger emergency came in and they had to do some 3 hour surgery and Rambo had to wait. So he spend all night there and I picked him up after school today to find out that he had just broken a nail. But it was bad enough that they had to bandage it up and say that it may have reached the bone, they can't tell yet. He is of course limping and all medicated now. He was super thirsty and hungry when he came home so I'm glad he and Dino both got their appetites back. Dino hadn't eaten since Rambo had been gone. I'm nervous about leaving Rambo inside all day tomorrow. I have to otherwise Dino will chew off his bandage and e-collar. So again, I'll be running home right after work. No dilly dallying or spending any extra minutes at work.

Then while the dogs were relaxing in the afternoon I got a reminder on my phone at 4:45 that I had a midwife appointment at 5 which I had totally forgotten about. So I got Rambo in the car and threw Dino out back and rushed to see her. Jorge was supposed to meet me there to take care of Rambo but he never made it - of course. So there I was holding Rambo during my appointment and with him laying on my while she checked the baby and everything. Quite interesting but he was a good boy. I felt really bad about this.
The results of the appointment are, I've been short on breath and my blood pressure has dropped because I'm slightly anemic. Supposedly this is the time in pregnancy when my blood volume increases but the hemoglobin takes time to catch up so I need extra iron. Also, all of the abdominal pains I've been having are digestive problems. So then I had to go to Henry's and buy Floradix, papaya extract, dates, and kale. She recommended I blend up raw kale, milk, peanut butter, and dates. We'll see how that goes in the morning. And sadly, the baby has turned around. His head is up on my left side now and his butt is down. She said he's still got lots of room and will continue to move around.

I am totally exhausted. This was a very eventful and long day for me. I hope tomorrow is a little more calm and I'm not out so late.

1 comment: