So this past week has been surprisingly busy.
The first week of school I was dealing with Rambo's injury.
Wednesday after school there was an anonymous note in our mailbox at home from a neighbor complaining about how loud and annoying our dogs were. It seriously stressed me out but I got over it. So then I took Rambo to have his bandages removed on Thursday but he had removed them himself while I was at work. Dr. Zimmer said that the nail had to be removed so they put him under anesthesia again at 3 and we picked him up at 5:30. He was SO drugged up. He didn't want to walk, move or anything. It was very weird seeing him in that condition. Now everything is fine and back to normal.
We had a nice relaxing weekend and started our first Birthing From Within class on Sunday afternoon.
Then on Monday evening my nephew Henry was admitted to the hospital because he was only breathing at 89% of his normal oxygen level. He was finally released this afternoon thank goodness, after being on constant oxygen and a few doses of antibiotics for his pneumonia and double ear infection. I was a little stressed from this too and was calling my mom every few hours for an update. I am glad he is recovering.
So despite all of these things complicating my life, I've been blessed with a very good group of students. My class sizes range from 34 to 41 and while it's a lot of students, so far they're good students. Yes I've had to confiscate a cell phone every day including day 1 but there could be much worse problems. I have made home contact on 8 students in the first 6 days, but that's okay. This year I'm staying on top of things and not tolerating anything from the kids and it's going to end up much better. They're mostly quiet and respectful.
And finally, new pictures. Here I am at 31 weeks.
A couple weeks ago I was worried that I wasn't eating enough protein and he wasn't going to be big enough. I am shooting for between 9 and 11 pounds. So I started eating more protein and now he feels like he's filling my belly up so I'm again confidant that he's going to be a big baby. And after seeing this picture I understand why some of my coworkers think that I'm due any day now! I'm pretty big! If I delivered today he'd probably be 5 or 6 pounds... a normal sized baby. That's just a guess, I still have no idea about how much he weighs. My belly button is still an inny and my linea negra is crooked on the bottom half, I'm not sure why...
I've been feeling fine at work. I thought that going back after being sedentary for 11 weeks I would be completely exhausted and sore after each day but surprisingly I'm feeling better. I haven't had any sciatica or other back pains. I did start chiropractic care at 27 weeks and am going every 2 weeks up until delivery. I am also blessed that my insurance pays for those treatments.
No comments:
Post a Comment