Thursday, August 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

This year my dad turned 59 years old!  And my brother brought over pizza ingredients to make my dad pizza.  There's a long story here see... 10 years ago my brother built a wood fired oven in a friend's backyard.  Then when it came time to build my dad's backyard kitchen my brother decided to put a wood fired oven in.  The problem is that only 2 people in the family know how to make pizza and they don't come over very often so the oven is only used about once every 2-4 months.  Now my brother reconnected with this friend and has gone into business with him.  They had a wood fired oven put on a trailer and are catering parties and events.  So they had extra ingredients from their even the day before and Nick brought them over and made pizza.  Everybody was raving about how great they are but of course I can't eat gluten so I couldn't even try them.  He wants to bring the oven and cater Tre's first birthday party but I'd have to make my gluten free dough.  We'll see what ends up happening for that. 
Here I am serving a beer for Jorge since I can't drink beer anymore.
And here's our little family.
My dad and Nick turning a pizza.  You can see my dinner on the side... sweet potato fries that cooked in the 700 degree oven for 4 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment