The cleanse diet has not gone 100% as it was supposed to.
I was supposed to refrain from gluten, alcohol, coffee, citrus, dairy, cow, beef, and eggs for 21 days. I made it 13 days. Of course I had some lemon in there as seasoning on some things I ate and put a glass of wine in spaghetti but I figure the alcohol was cooked out of it. Besides those two things I did well for 13 days. But then came my good friend's birthday and she chose LaBella's Pizzeria for her birthday dinner. If she had chosen elsewhere I would have managed possibly to stay on the diet. But, at LaBella's every item on the menu had wheat pasta, wheat bread, cheese and meat so to stay on the diet, I would have had to sit and watch everybody else eat. And well, I'm not very good at watching people eat without partaking. So after much begging my dear husband, I cheated, completely on my diet. I had 3 beers, some antipasto salad with mozzarella and salami, and 2 slices of pizza. Well I woke up coughing multiple times and have been coughing all day. So, it's official, I'm allergic to wheat. I don't have Celiac Disease or anything because with all of the blood work a month ago, I'm sure my doctor tested for that and if I did have it, I think my symptoms would be different.
Throughout my life I've been allergic to different foods but I always knew because the symptoms were always the same... hives, swelling and itching which was easily treated with Benadryl. So I knew if I cheated at ate one of those things I could easily treat it. Well these new symptoms are unfortunately not so easy to dismiss and I'm afraid wheat allergy is an all or nothing thing. I can't just cheat and have symptoms one day. I'll have them for months I think. So this really sucks, no normal cake, cookies, bread, pasta or beer FOREVER. It's a good thing I can just switch to hard liquor and wine to meet that need.
I am continuing for the last week to take my morning shake but don't believe I'll be excluding alcohol and dairy anymore. I hope those fix my blood work for my followup with the doctor.
No comments:
Post a Comment