Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Adventures in Gluten Free Baking

Since I was still on break last week, I was really excited about baking as much as I could.  So I started Monday morning with banana nut muffins. Tre was eager for them to come out of the oven.

  I ate one warm fresh out of the oven and it was delicious.  Tre had one too.
Then a couple hours later, I went to eat another one and it tasted like baking soda.  I had read the recipe three times and read the same thing each time.  Even though I thought that 1 tablespoon was an awful lot I did what the recipe said.  Then later after the second attempt at eating one I reread the recipe and yup I was wrong.  It was 1 teaspoon.  So I threw them all away.  I hate wasting like that.
In order to redeem myself, I right away made chocolate chip muffins which came out much better.





Finally for dessert on Sunday I made lemon bars. 


 And now we are all out of sweets and I'm craving more.  So today I'll probably make more lemon bars or a gingerbread. 
I ended up making a gingerbread and it was delicious and fluffy when warm just like the banana nut cookie.  Then when I ate it for breakfast... it was a little dense but still yummy.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post!! It's adorable how Tre is your little sweets tasting buddy :) I'm sure he loves having lots of yummy freshly baked goods. Next time I come over let's make chocolate chip muffins!

    ReplyDelete