Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Knitting

I had two knitting projects I wanted to complete over winter break.  One was my stocking for my house using the same pattern as Jorge and Tre's.  I had begun it at work two days before break and accidentally left it in my classroom so I didn't get to work on it.  Now that I'm back to work on it.  I'm knitting it daily as I pump.  But I did get to finish my first pair of longies at 10:45 Sunday night.

I used 100% cotton for these practice pants and this pattern
http://community.livejournal.com/yarny_bits/89662.html.  So they're not waterproof or a diaper soaker or anything but the next ones will be.  I wanted to take pictures of the progress but unfortunately I have misplaced my camera and I'm not sure why I didn't use my phone.  But here they are... my first pair of knit pants!  I will put them on Tre and take action shots this evening.
Here are the pants in action.  They are way too big around the waist!  I am going to have to fold over the waist, sew it in then put a drawstring through to make them stay on.  Tre was a little too excited about having mommy and daddy home and would not stop running back and forth from us to the dogs so I couldn't get any front clear pictures. 




4 comments:

  1. I hope you next baby is a girl so that baby John can inherit these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not so sure you want these ones but maybe my next pair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so adorable!! I love them! I don't think you need to do anything to the waist. I bet he will grow so fast that they will be fine =) I might have to make a pair for Adelaide. I've done lots of soakers, but never pants. I would do the next ones with wool for sure! I love my wooly soakers. They work like magic.

    ReplyDelete