Saturday morning was our neighbor Emily's 5th birthday party. Her mama did an AMAZING job. She's so creative and went way over the top setting up various craft stations with a rainbow theme. Jorgito had fun playing with this giraffe head.
And playing with his bf Sean. If we're not with Sean he's asking for Sean all the time. It's great he finally has a little boy friend and an interest in playing with him.
Then my in-laws came over for dinner and an egg hunt. Here are the decorations, my string eggs turned into a garland.
Costco's dinner rolls had nonfat dry milk and with two babies I didn't want to run all over town looking for rolls I could eat so I found a recipe to make my own. I ran out of flour and had to use 3/4 cup wheat flour for the total 4 cups and it looks like complete whole wheat dough. I think I was supposed to put a wet dish towel instead of paper towel because the dough dried out overnight.
Even though the dough dried out and didn't rise I tried to roll it out anyways. It was so sticky it was a big mess so I threw this one out.
And borrowed flour from my neighbor for the rest.
But the rolls still didn't rise and I had to throw them away.
I think it's because my yeast was too old. So it will probably be another couple years before I try to make a yeast bread again.
Normally with a ham dinner mashed potatoes would be served. But since I can't have the milk or butter in mashed potatoes I made these smashed roasted red potatoes. I loved them so much I think I ate 5.
And green beans and carrots.
Everybody loved the food and I enjoyed having the whole family together at the dinner table.
After eating a healthy meal the kids hunted for eggs. Once one popped open and Tre realized there was candy inside he sat down to enjoy his treats.
I love how happy my nephew Bryan is in this picture.
And even though they didn't need anymore junk we had cake. It was a devils food cake which when first baked was delicious, light and fluffy but after refrigerating it was too dense. I attempted to make white mountain frosting because I wanted a light fluffy frosting since the candy decoration was so sweet but my frosting ended up like glue. I will probably make the cake again but with butter cream next year so it doesn't need to be refrigerated. And hopefully I can find green peeps like the picture I got the idea from.
Here is my beautiful niece Amalia 8 months old.
Joaquin and his Tia Elva.
And my little thumb sucker fast asleep while we were dancing and listening to music till 11pm. Well he's more of a finger sucker. He'll take whatever he finds easiest at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment