Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Playdate

Here are the results from my egg dyeing.  The 8 on the left are from the red onion and yellow onion skins although they look the same so I can't tell which is which.  I only used one red onion so maybe next year if I use more there will be a difference.  Or I may not bother trying, who knows.  The other 8 on the bottom were from my mistake of adding too much vinegar and realizing a couple hours later.  For my spring playdate I decided to take the whole dozen on the bottom and make deviled chicks.  Too bad white eggs don't peel!  It was such a pain in the ass to peel them I ended up throwing 3 of them away.  So I made 9 chicks.

 Getting the yoke out with a horizontal cut instead of a vertical was ridiculous.  Not an easy task as you can see many of the whites broke.  Then when putting them back together the eggs wouldn't stand up so they're all resting on the ridge of the plate.

I made bunny crunch snack mix which consisted of jelly beans, kettle corn, rice checks and Annie's organic pretzels which came in the shapes of bunnies and carrots.  I enjoyed it so much the scale this morning says I ate too much yesterday :(
 Jorgito picked out his outfit all by himself.  I'm so proud of him.  Usually he brings me the same crappy orange shirt over and over.  Here the boys are ready for our friends to arrive.
 We did a handprint craft which I apparently didn't take a picture of.  I'll have to add later.
Then decorated cookies, the signature activity at the Jimenez house!  Two of the little girls immediately started saying "cookie" when the walked in!
 Jorgito loves his sprinkles.  I was taking care of Joaquin and chatting with my friends so I have no idea how many cookies he ate but it was a lot.
 Then the kids played inside.


 And outside.
 And for the first time ever kids sat at the picnic table and inhaled a quart of strawberries.
 It ended up being 7 mamas, 8 kids and 4 babies.  We all had lots of fun.  Too bad the next holiday isn't until Halloween.



1 comment:

  1. Fun! The Easter season lasts for 50 days so you could do it again. There is always Memorial day and 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete