Thursday I did my first batch of string egg decorations. The instructions say to use one skein of embroidery thread but Walmart didn't have it so I bought friendship thread and used two skeins. I popped the balloons on Friday and they came out great.
Then I did another batch on Saturday and tried with just one skein of friendship thread. They looked nice but when I went to pop the balloons on Sunday, they all crumpled. The one skein of thread wasn't enough to make them strong. So I wasted time and thread on 8 eggs.Friday we made our spring hand and footprint art into a giant card for Great-Grandma Gwen.
Saturday I made the Easter Bunnie S'mores bar jars using the leftover jars from my baby shower favor project. I sent one home with Lety and another over to my neighbor. She made them right away and said that they weren't very good. They didn't incorporate well and were super sweet. I would love to try them but I couldn't find any dark chocolate m&ms so it would hurt Joaquin if I ate them. Maybe next year when I can eat them I will try to make them better. Also mason jars that are not wide mouth should not even be in production. It was a royal pain to get the marshmallows in and I had to split up the grahams into two bags to get them in the jar.
Then had delicious honey pecan glazed salmon for dinner.
Sunday I started dyeing eggs naturally. I cooked a dozen white and a dozen brown eggs.
Then boiled one red onion skin, two yellow onion skin, six shredded beets, and a half head of red cabbage.
I accidentally put 3 tablespoons per cup of dye water instead of 3 teaspoons on the first batch and well they started to pickle I think by the time I caught it. So I had to redo those.
They are still in the refrigerator so I will post later how they came out.
No comments:
Post a Comment