I'm pretty late in posting this since it's been a whole week since my baby shower but here it goes...
My sister-in-law offered to host me a shower but suggested it be at my house. Although a little awkward according to social norms I agreed. She came early in the morning and decorated with balloons then did my make-up.
The games included baby shower mad libs which totally flopped. Even though there were only like 16 women, there were three different conversations going on while people were trying to read out their story. I thought it would be so much fun but just didn't work out. Then remember the baby items on the tray which went fine. I did a new game I hadn't heard of before which was to construct a diaper on your partner. We had done this at my bridal shower almost 4 years ago when ladies had to pair up and one constructed a bridal gown on the other and it was fun then so I figured why not try out diapers! I really enjoyed myself watching everybody do this one although once the sun goes down the lighting is horrible in my family room so I didn't get any good pictures. And finally we did the belly measuring. Three ladies were pretty close and the rest were way off! As of the shower I was much smaller than I was last time around.
Then I opened presents with my niece Liesl's help. Although all of the pictures came out blurry. I am so grateful I received some pretty amazing and generous gifts.
Here we are after it all my sister-in-law and me.
And the favors. I usually never do party favors but when I saw this idea on pinterest I just HAD to do it and couldn't stop obsessing for the past month. I'm so glad they turned out just as I had hoped.






It was a fabulous party. I loved it all - food, fun...yay!
ReplyDelete