A week ago I discovered a cavity on Jorgito's front tooth. Of course when I first found it I went through the awful guilt stage of how I'm a horrible mother for letting him eat too much sugar and not brushing his teeth enough. I quickly made him his first dentist appointment. I've been laid off so our health benefits expire in one month and this needed to be taken care of.
I was very nervous and worried. I thought that they were going to have to anesthetize him with his first ever shot. And of course he didn't want to cooperate in the beginning. The hygienist thought he may need to go to a pediatric dentist. Fortunately after a few minutes he warmed up and did everything he was told to. He let them examine his teeth, polish them and floss all while he played with stickers and watched Bugs Bunny in the ceiling.
It turns out we are lucky, he only has the one cavity and the dentist gave us the option to fill it with sealant or leave it be. The non invasive natural mama in me chose to let nature take it's course. We are definitely cutting back the sugary foods and increasing brushing.
Tre looks sooo big laying in that chair!
ReplyDelete