Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Strawberry Jam

I know I'm super behind in posting.  This is from 3 weeks ago.
We went to a local organic farm for their strawberry u-pick day.  We arrived early as I don't like crowds.  It was already pretty crowded but we got to business.  Jorgito had a little fun but wasn't as excited as we had expected.
 It was Joaquin's morning naptime.

 We ended up picking 13 pounds of strawberries in 45 minutes.  I was so excited to get so many but then learned later that people who arrived an hour after us only managed to get a pound or so.
The next day I worked on preparing them for jam.  I made jam once in my life with my parent's organic peaches many years ago and was excited to do it again. 

 It was quite a sticky mess.
 But ended in 8 jars of jam. 
I was so worried in the process that it wouldn't work because after I got home with my canning pot I read that it is not to be used on glass cook tops which is what I have.  I did it anyways because I didn't have much choice and after the 24 hour setting I found it was a success I made another batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment