Here is the eggplant w/ caponata I made last week. It was AMAZING. I look forward to making it again.
Here is our box from week 2. It included two colors of pluots, peaches, red leaf lettuce, green beans, watermelon, summer squash, zucchini, bell peppers, gold potatoes, tomatoes and a dozen ears of corn.
As you can see this is way too much food for Jorge and I so tomorrow we are receiving our first small box. As of today we still have 2 heads of lettuce, some rosemary, 6 ears of corn, 8 tomatoes, 1 zucchini, the green beans, 2 bell peppers, half of the watermelon, 5 pluots and 3 peaches!Sunday I made these balsamic pork chops and sauteed squash with rosemary. Last week I did sauteed squash with chives and it was delicious, this week with rosemary, not so good.
And since I'm getting tired of sauteed summer squash and zucchini, I tried this risotto and didn't realize till I was cleaning up I forgot to put the peas in, oops! It was so delicious, miraculously Jorge ate it all up. See he'd been complaining about my rice lately so I had stopped making it for a while, just meat and veggies, going partly paleo. And since the rosemary was so bad on squash I decided to make these rosemary pork chops which were not nearly as good as the balsamic ones. I also served this with black bean and corn salad. So it was a very big flavor explosion. The chops had rosemary, the risotto basil and the corn and bean salad cilantro! It was a bit much for me but Jorge loved it.
Unfortunately the watermelon has seeds so it's very difficult to eat. They're not the type that are easily chewed so I blended half of the watermelon up into agua de sandia. Normally when making fruit waters I don't like to strain out the pulp but I had to in order to get the seeds out.
No comments:
Post a Comment