Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cabo

Our big vacation this year was to Cabo San Lucas.  We stayed in the same resort as last time Sirena del Mar.  It was a fabulous vacation despite a few setbacks.
Saturday we drove down to Otay to have lunch.  While in the restaurant my sister-in-laws car was broken into and a backpack with my dad's ipad, binoculars and camera were stolen.  It took a while to calm down after all of our blood was boiling from that experience. 

We made it to the airport at the exact cut off time for checking baggage!



The flight going over was fine but we didn't arrive to the room until around 9pm.  Shortly after that Jorgito tripped on the corner of a rug that was lifting and knocked his front 4 teeth back.  He calmed down quickly with arnica but at 2am woke up with clotting blood everywhere.  He started throwing it up because his stomach wouldn't tolerate any more blood.  Jorge and I looked at each other with a screaming toddler in Mexico debating whether or not to take him to a hospital.  Fortunately he calmed down with advil.  When he woke up at 7am we discovered that his teeth had indeed moved.  He suffered from a fever for two days then got better and we were all able to enjoy the rest of the vacation.

Sunday we drove to LaPaz to visit my mom's cousin.  Nobody bothered to get a map so we ended up taking the long 2.5 hour windy road and I couldn't stop looking at my baby's deformed face.  So I got pretty car sick from being turned around and beating myself up over Jorgito's accident.  The swelling did eventually go down and I've grown used to his new smile.



I LOVE this picture of Joaquin and his Nino.
Monday we hung out at the beach.


My sister-in-law taught me about a new drink, the "bloody shark" which is tequila, clamato and beer.  We enjoyed a couple on the trip.


Here you can see how bad Tre's teeth were.
Playing around Jorge speared a fish but according to Nick it was a rat fish and it got thrown back in the water.
When we came home for the evening we found this surprise from the resort.  Jorgito enjoyed learning how to find matches the rest of the trip.
Luz and I experimented with making watermelon margaritas.

Tuesday the men went fishing while we hung out at the resort.

The first edible fish Jorge caught in his life was this red snapper.
I LOVE this picture of my dad.  It reminds me of summer in the 1990s.

This was Jorge's second and final fish of the trip, a mahi mahi or dorado as they're called down south.
His first time swimming in the ocean far from shore.

Wednesday we went to the marina. It was SO hot that Jorgito poured his water on himself.

He played with his new little Mexican animals for about an hour and they were both broken by the time we landed back home.
We shared a shot of rattlesnake tequila.
I spent a lot of the week in the hammock even enjoying a nap with Joaquin.

 Thursday we went to the beach again.
 


Friday we kayaked to Lover's Beach.



My mom stayed in the room with the boys to give us an hour of adventure.
It was our first time kayaking so I insisted on double.  I'm pretty sure I would not have made it alone!
We are looking forward to kayaking around LaJolla sometime in the future.
When we returned from kayaking we took the resorts bartending course at the pool bar.
It started off with a margarita - mine are much better.
Followed by some green colored shot.  And then another 2 drinks and 3 shots.
Nina helped give me a break from Joaquin in the pool.  He even fell asleep on her.
And it wiped Tre out too.  I still can't believe he fell asleep in the pool with his bulky floaty on.
Saturday we checked out and went to Todos Santos before our evening flight home.
We visited what we though was my great-great-grandmother's grave site from a photo my mom took there in 1967 but it has somebody elses name on it.  The mystery remains unsolved.
Then Jorge enjoyed his first ever fast food item (not including in & out) - a chemical laden burger king "shake" while waiting for our flight home.  I hope this doesn't happen again anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment