Here was our first small box.
We got nectarines, pluots, tomatoes, a summer squash, one zucchini, bell peppers, lettuce, basil, cantaloupe, radishes, green beans, corn and I added on chives. These were just like the ones that I bought at trader joes and didn't like. Not the same type as my very first box which I liked much better. I've come to the conclusion that what I liked were garlic chives not regular chives. So I'll have to add them on for next week.
I had leftover corn from my previous large box so I made corn risotto and sauteed beets served with baked wild salmon.
I had peppers left over from the previous box so I added them with this weeks to serve turkey stuffed peppers also using corn and tomato from the box served over lettuce. It was a bit dry since I used fresh tomatoes instead of sauce.
Then bacon and chicken wrapped green beans and roasted potatoes. I seriously loved this meal.
When we came back from vacation I used the squash in risotto again since it was so delicious the last week and grilled the mahi mahi that Jorge caught in Cabo. It was supposed to be served with tomato and basil but my basil had gone bad in the fridge while we were away.

Wow Jess, you created some beautiful plates of food!
ReplyDelete