Tuesday, July 10, 2012

CSA



We joined a CSA last week and are so happy with it so far.  We opted for the large box but may have to cut down to the small one.
 I love being forced to use new ingredients and try new recipes.  I'm tired of making the same things over and over again.  So yesterday I made this salad with the cucumbers and sausage with the green bell peppers and finally a strawberry peach crisp for dessert.  
I opted to add on 15 pounds of white peaches to jam and enjoy.  This is on top of the 2 dozen peaches and nectarines that came in the regular box.  Unfortunately they were rock hard upon arrival then ripened to rotting all in one night.  So I ended up throwing 8 of them out and salvaged many into a jam but because they were over ripe it made a very soft set jam and I prefer jam a little harder.  Jorgito has decided that the only fruit he likes are grapes and so we have a whole bunch of peaches left over and are getting our next box tomorrow!

Tomorrow I'm making a roasted beet salad with the beets and Thursday I'm looking forward to making this eggplant with caponata salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment