Monday, December 29, 2008

Las Vegas

We are in Las Vegas, Nevada right now.

It is an amazing city of course.
Jorge and I on the bridge from Treasure Island to the Wynn.

We arrived at about 11pm on Friday night. The drive was aweful. Friday at 2 I went to get the oil changed and Jorge got on the road in his truck to take it to the shop in Fontana. I stayed to get the oil change because its a shorter drive for me to Fontana in the car. Only the oil change took 1 hour 15 minutes and there were 3 accidents on the way so Jorge had to wait for me an hour and a half. So in total, it took 8 hours with just one stop of gas to get here. I am thinking of leaving here at 6 am Friday morning in hopes that we'll miss some traffic. Not sure when the best time to leave will be.
Me with a scarf that I made last year and my first wrist warmer that I just made with the leftovers from the scarf. I'm so excited I finally made wristwarmers!!

The resort that we are staying at is new. Our building just opened up in October. It is very luxurious. Wood floors in the kitchen, of course all new everything, granite countertops, stainless appliances, a whirlpool bath tup which I love and a steam shower which I haven't tried yet. The only problems are that the wireless internet isn't set up yet so in order to access the internet I have to walk through the cold to the main lobby and sit in here bouncing off of the Denny's wireless internet which is next door. And that its 2 miles south of the strip.
Jorge on our balcony with a view of the strip and the lazy river ride below.

Yesterday we went to the outlet mall and I bought a new coat and 2 pairs of shoes with my Christmas money. Then we went to the Blue Man Group show which was awesome. I forgot how great it was since the last time I saw it in 2001. Tonight we're going to see the Mentalist and tomorrow Mystere. We're also going to XS nightclub for New Year's Eve which is having its grand opening that night. It is in the all new Encore (part of Wynn) hotel and casino

Me in the halway of our resort with my new coat and shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment