Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

So New Years Eve was an experience.
We were so excited to go to a nightclub which we haven't done in so long. We got all ready then hopped in a cab which took us to the mall - the closest drop off site to the wynn since lots of streets were closed and there was a ton of traffic. We got into the line for XS at 8:40. Doors were supposed to open at 9 and it was supposed to be an open bar from 9-10. We waited in line until 10:20 when I asked Jorge to see if we could get out money back. It was ridiculous. There was a normal line then there was a VIP line then there was a mob of people cutting. The opening of this club was run so horribly. They also had a cashier at the front of the club selling tickets when we had bought ours at the hotel's main ticket place days before. There was also a ton of people with comped tickets being let in. So when we asked for our money back they were going to let us go into the front and enter. And I just said, no I'm not taking part in this BS and asked for our money back. Since we didn't bring the receipt they couldn't refund it so I had the lady write a note and we're going today with the receipt to get our $225 back. I can't believe that we paid that much and stood in line for that long and dealt with that. I wouldn't recommend the Wynn or Encore to anybody based on the way they opened their club. It was so unorganized.

Me leaving the Wynn
So we left the wynn/encore and went walking down the strip which was a whole other experience. There was about 250,000 people there and of course it was just crazy trying to walk around. We ended up at the Paris to when the clock struck midnight. Then at 12:30 we decided to leave. But since the strip was closed, we had to walk forever to get a taxi. We ended up in the MGM line for a taxi at 1:30 after walking an hour around trying to get a taxi. We finally got in a taxi at 2:30 and made it home. This whole New Years Eve in Las Vegas was an experience that I wanted. I'm glad its done and I won't be doing it again :)

Us on the strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment