Sunday, January 18, 2009

Rambo

Jorge wanted a Jack Russell Terrier and I agreed they are great dogs. So after a week of consideration, we decided to get a companion for our min pin. It will be a lot of work raising two puppies but we want them to grow up together because they are both very strong tempered breeds.
So I looked in the adds and there were only 2 for JRTs. We went all of the way to Guatay which was a nice drive and experience to find a very cute 9 week of JRT. I loved his coloring but Jorge wasn't sure because it looked like he might have a rough coat and Jorge wanted short. So we went to the other advertised place which was way out in the back of Jamul and took an hour to get to. That place had only older puppies that were like twice the size of the first one and were all a hundred or 2 more than the first one. So we called back the first one and asked if it was still available because somebody else was on the road from Calexico to see him. He said that he wanted us to have it. I think because he thought that Alexis, our nephew who was with us all day, was our son and that it was our little boy's first puppy!
So our little JRT is named Rambo and we still don't have a name for our min pin. I still want him to be Reptar but Jorge still hates it. We're also thinking of Dino, Dragon, and Wrecks.

Here he is, his first night home in the house.



Inside his comfortable little bed which he loves.

This morning I was trying to photograph his whole body but he won't let me stand more than a foot away from him!

He discovered his reflection today also. I loved him the best because his tail is black and all the other one's tails are white.

Right now he is cuddling with Jorge's work boot outside, I need to take a picture...

1 comment:

  1. Rambo is so cute.
    I agree with Jorge, Reptar is an ugly name, plus you don't want to confuse the dogs with 2 "R" names.

    ReplyDelete