Tuesday, January 6, 2009

rough day at school

I enjoyed my 2 weeks off so much, that I never had time to catch up on school work. I graded about half of the things that I needed to grade which was a lot and felt good to acomplish. However I did not get enough done. So I woke up at 2 am yesterday morning and started on my work. I planned the next 3 weeks of my APES class. School was fine yesterday. I arrived as usual at 6am and had a meeting after school until 4 so put in a great 10 hour day to start the week.
Today I woke up at 4 to prep my mind for a lesson. I had a great lecture in class and feel like I am going to do a better job preparing them for their AP test for the rest of the school year. My other classes went fine.
After school though I had a meeting with my principal, 4 of 5 VPs and 6 teachers I collaborate with. The results were very disappointing but we're still hopeful that things turn around in the next couple of weeks. Again I put in 10 hours just at school. This doesn't include the work I do in the wee hours of the morning.
Tomorrow I will again wake up early to work on my lessons.
Although I want to get on the schedule of waking up early. I am exhausted at 6pm and that feels weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment