Monday, March 2, 2009

long time

Well, it's been a long time since I posted here.

After hearing people talk about facebook I decided to try it out and then was debating on whether I should myspace, blog and facebook or cut something out. For now I'll do a little of each I guess.

Life has been very busy. Since my last post I've done two field trips. One to the south bay water reclamation plant on the 12th which was really interesting, more for me than the kids I think.

And I took another group of 30 after school up to CRES which was quite a different experience than when I went there in November.

On February 13th, I had lasik surgery which was quite a horrible experience. After talking to some other people a few days after the procedure, I learned that it was so traumatizing because they did the procedure before the sedative had kicked in enough. After the recovery, I am glad that I did it and am very happy with my perfect vision.


Here are the puppies on Feb 16th. They are growing a lot. At their last visit Rambo weighed 4.2 pounds which is up from 2.8 three weeks earlier. And Dino weighed 5 pounds which is up from his 4 pounds two weeks earlier than that. We are taking them this Thursday to the vet and hopefully everything is okay with their health. They are just getting their booster shots.

Lately I've realized that my dogs are horribly behaved. All Rambo and Dino do is fight all of the time. It is play fighting but a little scary for me. The first night when they were home together and starting this, I thought well, they need to figure out who is the dominant one. And also that I would be at work all day and they would be doing whatever they want. But this weekend while were home, we're going to have to figure out how to get them to stop fighting so much. Also, when we take them out in public, for a walk or anything, they bark and bark their yappy little dog barks at everything. They are not nice to other dogs. According to "Puppies for Dummies" we're not supposed to start training the puppies until they're 12 weeks and their brains are developed. Well now that I checked the calendar, it looks like I've lost track of time. I thought that Rambo was 8 weeks when we brought him home but it turns out that he was 9 weeks old. And this Saturday he will be 16 weeks old which means I just lost my good window for training him. Regardless we are starting training classes at Petco on Friday night. Also I found that I can save a lot of money but getting them microchipped and vaccinated for rabies at the city to Chula Vista's animal center. So I'm going to go have those done with Rambo next Wednesday since they have to be 4 months for that. Tomorrow Dino will be 12 weeks old so he has 4 more weeks before his microchip and rabies but it is also the perfect time to start training him. Also we're going to work on socializing them and taking them out more.

Two weekends ago Jorge and I went on a nice bike ride with Tara nad Antonio. We should have taken picutres but didn't. We met at the golf course, went around it and then had coffee at starbucks and rode home. We want to do it again but didn't get to last weekend.

Friday during 5th period, a student cut one of my plants in the classroom in half. I would never have imagined such a thing would happen. So that's just another thing I've had to deal with at work.


This past weekend, we bought some new plants and our courtyard is looking great. The concrete still needs to be power washed and sealed but we're making the best of it. It makes me really happy to care for my plants.



No comments:

Post a Comment