Saturday, July 25, 2009

Visit to Shauna's

This past week I went to visit my sister's family for two days. She wanted me to come help her make a photo album and clean out one room in the house. I wanted to come see my nieces and nephew and help her out too. So we spent at least 6 hours on Wednesday and Thursday putting all of her digital pictures into a photo book then ordering it. We've found that we rarely print pictures anymore and she didn't want them to stay on the computer for the rest of her life. So we're excited to see the photo book when it arrived. We also worked 3 hours on cleaning out Henry's room. We only got rid of 3 bags of stuff but the room looked a lot better.
Miranda and me - her Godmother.Miranda so cute with her bow.
Reflecting on my visit, I have confirmed my decision that I will only be having two children. The only way for me to have more than two children is if my second and final pregnancy results in multiples. I love all 4 of her children and the next 4 to come dearly but would not be able to raise that many children myself. I am so happy with my career and decision to be a working mom of two children. I can still be in control of my life and not always be insanely busy. I love my time to relax without having to worry about sinks full of dishes and piles of laundry to wash.
Reflecting on my summer, I feel like a housewife. I thought that I always wanted to be a housewife but I think that my 14 weeks off each year are sufficient in making me a part time housewife. I am not bored yet. I still haven't read any of the 20 books I brought home for summer reading. I need a reading chair; I don't have any comfortable place in my house for reading right now. I am also still working on knitting the baby's first blanket which will be done this week. And I've been watching way too much tv. Overall I am very happy with my decision to take the summer off.

No comments:

Post a Comment