Jorge's cousin closest in age to him and I were pregnant at the same time and due on the very same day. Her son was born by medical induction two weeks later and then they realized they must have had the dates wrong and he was actually two weeks early. Anyhow, Tre has a cousin exactly two weeks younger than him in Ensenada. So we went down there for his first birthday party and baptism this past weekend. It was a toy story/ cowboy themed party so Tre finally got his boots and belt. He's only missing his hat now. He didn't really care about the boots but they didn't bother him at all either. He wore them and walked around normally all day.
This was our third trip to Ensenada since Tre was born and first time staying the night. I had been aprehensive about it but it ended up going very well and now I'm not afraid to go down there more often. It's really nice seeing Jorge's family and for him to have the opportunity to hang out with his cousins and uncles. I wish I had taken another picture of Tre and his great-grandma. It was sweet, his Abuela was holding him and sitting next to his bisabuela and they were holding hands.
At the party they served tamales, pasta salad, frijoles puercos, champurrado and beer. The champurrado was delicious and inspired me to make some at home. Since I can't drink beer I sent Jorge to the grocery store to bring back some tequila and squirt. Well both my father in law and Jorge brought bottles back and one was finished within two hours. His Tio Oscar got super drunk. Here is my mother-in-law with her brother Oscar, cousin Maribel (the Tia of the birthday boy) holding Tre and my father-in-law.
No comments:
Post a Comment