Monday, June 20, 2011

First Week of Summer

Last week was the first partial week of summer. 

Wednesday Jocelyn and Elisabeth came over to play.  I bought Tre his first summer toy, a pirate ship water table.  He loves water so much and after him being cranky all day Tuesday I thought it's worth it if I can buy some time.  The kid doesn't really know how to play by himself.  Like right now he's sitting on the floor under the bar by my feet  and he's been there for 15 minutes quiet touching my feet!  Also on Wednesday I made what I thought was 100% organic fresh strawberry ice cream but then remembered that the lime juice that the strawberries sat in was not organic but close enough for me.  For the past few weeks I'd looked in the freezer section at the grocery store at the strawberry ice cream but couldn't get myself to buy it because it's bright pink with artificial food coloring.  The lime juice gave it this amazing flavor.  It was so delicious.  But then the second day it was a little too icey since I used half and half instead of heavy cream to try to cut out some calories.






Thursday Tre and I made a dozen strawberry cupcakes just because I felt like it.

xv
Friday in the afternoon my sister-in-law came to borrow a table for her party and informed me she was not going to make the dessert she had planned and instead was going to buy a cake at the grocery store.  I said no way! And at 3pm ran to the grocery store then proceeded to make 3 dozen cupcakes and a 12 inch round cake.  Supposedly it was all supposed to serve 76 people but it was gone the next morning!  Then I made the most delicious and simple dinner.  Sometimes I surprise myself!  All from Costco,  I used a bag of organic caesar salad mix and topped it with pan seared wild salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment