Sunday, June 5, 2011

Knitting Diaper Soakers

I knit one of my most favorite things a couple months ago but never posted it because I didn't want to ruin the surprise for who it was for.  But I do want to keep records on here of all of my accomplishments so...
This is a little skirty soaker I made for Valeria.  She is 39 weeks now so hopefully later in the summer we will get to see her baby Mila wearing it.  I forgot to take a picture of the soaker with the skirt lifted up and the whole outfit with the  matching shirts.  Oh well.
And yesterday I went to a baby shower for another high school friend of mine who is due on July 1st with her second baby.  This will be her first time cloth diapering so I made her longies.  She kept the gender a secret.  She said she didn't want to find out until delivery.  It turns out she's known since she was 20 weeks that it was a boy.
This is what I gave her for a boy
 and for a girl.  So she'll have an extra tank to give to somebody else.  The yarn for the pans came in Tuesday and I rushed to get them knit up by Saturday morning.  I'm so proud of myself for getting them done in time.  I didn't know I could knit so fast.  But there were a few mistakes in my short rows and crotch that you can't see here.
 And here is Tre enjoying a cupcake at the baby shower.  He stayed in his chair so well enjoying his treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment