I LOVE being a lactating woman. I love that I have a bountiful supply to feed my son. And I love that I am able to produce extra milk for those that need it. It makes me feel so wonderful to be able to provide such a nutritious substance so that my son and his friend can grow so strong. I also love that I can give it to other accepting friends to boost their immune systems with all of the wonderful white blood cells.
I also love the bond that we have formed. I am so thankful for the extra 6 weeks of maternity leave that I took. Our attachment has really strengthened in the past couple of weeks. Of course we have had a physical bond of breastfeeding since birth but the emotional bond, the more important part in the long run has grown and I know now that we are so deeply attached to each other and returning to work is not going to break
us apart emotionally.
I also love the bond that we have formed. I am so thankful for the extra 6 weeks of maternity leave that I took. Our attachment has really strengthened in the past couple of weeks. Of course we have had a physical bond of breastfeeding since birth but the emotional bond, the more important part in the long run has grown and I know now that we are so deeply attached to each other and returning to work is not going to break
us apart emotionally.
:) :) i am so happy you have so much milk, too!
ReplyDeleteof course going back to work will not break you apart. my mom always had a career, and she still breastfed me, and my sister and i have always been very close to her. the bond between mother and baby does not just exist if you breastfeed or not, or if you work or not. it is about being an involved and attached mother who puts her child as #1 in her life.