Tuesday, January 26, 2010

WOW! He sleeps...

Tre is a amazingly wonderful baby. He is so easy to please and is very predictable. He's been on a pretty regular routine of eating every 3 hours during the day and sleeping 8pm-7am nursing at 1am and 4am.
I tried swaddling him when he was only sleeping 4 hours without eating using the escape free swaddling but the other adults in his life didn't like it and I didn't notice much of a difference so instead I bought the larger muslin swaddlers which he still gets his hands out of. Over the past 2 weeks he has progressed from sucking his whole fist, to sucking or more like licking his fingers and finally two nights ago learned how to suck his thumb. We really don't want him to be a thumb sucker so I went back to the escape free swaddling. Last night he slept from 8pm to 4:20am when I woke him up to nurse him. I am completely shocked that he slept more than 8 hours and would have slept longer if I didn't get him to nurse. My intention was not to get him to sleep longer, just to keep him from sucking his thumb. I think it's a great side effect and while I did miss nursing him, I could get used to him sleeping longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment