Today I am SO thankful for my brain. I am so thankful for all that it holds and all of the information that it is capable of holding.
I've been thinking a lot lately about how different people are. My life to me is just normal. I feel of course that the way I live is the way everybody should. I feel like so many people are so ignorant. Of course I don't know everything. In fact I don't know very much. For example, I know nothing about history because I have no interest in it. I know nothing about politics because I don't have much interest in that either. I know about what is relevant to my life right now. And even these things I don't know and understand with the depth that I should. I know the basics of living an ecologically sound life. I know the basics of raising a baby, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, pumping, attachment parenting, co-sleeping, vaccinations, intactivism and babywearing. But there is so much more I could know. These things fascinate me so much.
Before I even conceived Tre I would say that if I could change my career I would be a midwife. But it was too late. I couldn't afford to go back to school. Then when I was pregnant I thought no way, it would be way to hard to be a midwife and have a newborn with the crazy hours of birthing women. Now that I've been successfully breastfeeding and reading peaceful parenting, I wish that I could do more. The two things that I'm most interested are endocrinology and breast milk. I think the human body is so amazing in how everything works. How our hormones control all of our feelings and actions through daily life and are especially evident in the natural laboring woman. And breast milk is so powerful yet still such an unknown substance.
So today I'm thankful that I can think these thoughts; I can dream of becoming a real scientist and know that my brain has the capacity to hold all of the information I can put in there and more.

hooray for having a brain!
ReplyDeletei also have thought of midwifery, but i do not think it fits into my life now. however, i would train to be a doula to help and empower my closest friends and sister through their births.