So I had been hearing about woven wraps from my friend ever since Tre was born I think. I finally decided to get over my apprehensions, jump in and buy one. I waited a month it seems like for it to arrive from Germany and here it is... a Didymos Simon size 6 (4.7 meters). 
Tre enjoyed playing with the tails as I did my first wrap.
And here is my first wrap.
I really like hip carries. If I try to carry Tre around for long periods of time on my hip, it gets tiring because he's so heavy. The wrap really helps out. But as you can see, a 4.7 meter is way too long for this simple quick wrap. So I tried another hip variation which I believe is called a Robbin's hip carry. And still the tails are too long. I have to do a reinforced Robbins hip carry that other mamas have recommended.
And a plain front cross carry. This is a lot like the carry in the Moby wrap I did when Tre was a newborn. But now he's clearly too heavy for a stretchy wrap.
And finally the back carry... the rucksack carry. I like him being back there because he's content and I don't have to worry about him when I'm cooking or doing something dangerous for him. And I've found it's very easy to do from a chair but I still have not perfected any of the carries.
And while I was waiting for my green boy carrier to come, I couldn't stop thinking about my future daughter and how I should have gotten something unisex. Lately I've been thinking any major purchase should be unisex to get the most out of it. And I came across this Girasol which I ordered and should be receiving sometime in August. It is the top of these two... the rainbow with chocolate brown 4.2 meters. 

And before I decided on the woven I was experiencing some difficulty adjusting the straps on the Ergo and thought a Mei Tai would be better when I came across the half soft structured carrier and half Mai Tai... The Ella Belly Click. And I put in a custom order which just might be here in another 2 to 3 weeks. It will have this nice floral print on one side,
with this nice educational print on the other,
and tomato red straps. Because both Tre and I look good in red.
And if you think I'm crazy for having 4 baby carriers well 6 if you include the Moby that I never use because Tre outgrew and the Maya which I ocassionaly use, then think about the people who have stashes like this...




Jess, you are too funny! You probably shouldn't buy a bunch of stuff with pink since you cannot be sure if your next will be a daughter or a son! Hehehe.
ReplyDeletei really need a wrap. i carry my son around for 90 percent of the day without one and im loosing my mind!
ReplyDelete